OK2Ask Twitter Chats
Named one of the "44 education Twitter chats worth your time."
Are you looking for an engaging, conversation-driven professional learning opportunity? Participate in one of our bimonthly #OK2Ask Twitter chats!
Follow @SFLOK2Ask and tweet with us the first and third Thursday each month at 8 PM ET using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst. Discover new perspectives, resources, and strategies related to timely education topics and connect with other educators during our educational Twitter chats!
Why Twitter Chats?
#OK2Ask Twitter chats are informative, relaxed, first-timer-friendly professional learning events that provide a comfortable way to meet new people with similar interests while adding to your teaching toolbox.
Our Twitter chats are a great way for educators and pre-service teachers to:
- Exchange ideas, strategies, resources, and best practices with other educators.
- Learn about hot topics with perspectives from expert moderators.
- Share what you know with other educators.
- Grow your personal learning network.
How to Participate
You can participate in #OK2Ask Twitter chats by tweeting responses to moderator questions and other participants' perspectives using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst, following chatters whose ideas resonate with you, or reading and favoriting tweets with resources you want to reference later. Our chats are first-timer-friendly to make participating worry-free—the more you share, the more you'll get out of the event!
Getting started is easy:
- Follow us on Twitter: @SFLOK2Ask.
- Log in on mobile or your desktop at the chat time and visit our page to see the first question.
- Tweet your response using #OK2Ask #TeachersFirst.
TeachersFirst hosts bi-monthly Twitter chats on @SFLOK2Ask using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst. Whether you are a new, seasoned, or veteran educator and/or Twitter user, these upcoming sessions are for you!
Want to receive Twitter chat reminders right to your inbox? Join our mailing list!
January 4 • 8PM ET: Winter Wellness Wonderland
- Share winter wellness tips to help maintain students’ and teachers’ physical and mental health.
- Collaborate on ideas for creating a wellness-focused classroom culture.
- Explore innovative ways to incorporate short wellness breaks, movement activities, and mindfulness exercises to enhance the overall learning environment.
February 1 • 8PM ET: Reading Reimagined in the Digital Era
- Explore digital reading tools that meet diverse learning needs.
- Discuss strategies for integrating digital reading resources into your existing curriculum.
- Gain insights into how digital reading resources can be used to differentiate instruction.
March 7 • 8PM ET: Harnessing AI for Classroom Success
- Discuss the importance of formative and summative assessments in the learning process.
- Explore different AI-based tools and technologies that can enhance formative and summative assessments.
- Reflect on the future implications of AI in formative and summative assessments.